Milestones and Hurdles

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 15, 2007

22 Weeks

December 15, 2007 22 WEEKS.....goal is 32 WEEKS and Beyond!!

Two weeks - 3days and counting....The hospital room has been transformed into a wonderful Christmas display. We have the boys tree in one corner, decorated with blue ornaments and snowmen, with two gifts for their mother...wonderfully wrapped by their father. The twins have over sized Santa Stockings...one given by Mr. Clint Brookshire and the other by their Grandmother, hanging on daddy's closet/pantry. The enormous poinsettia has taken over the room!! Speaking of my closet/pantry...Dana has asked me to clean out my closet and take half of my clothes out of the room and store them in my car. She also stated that "I pack like a girl, and I shouldn't have that many shoes". She can be harsh some times. Dana for the first time today was able to rid herself from the hospital issued gown, (lovely as they might be) for something more relaxing and stylish. Spirits are great in room 267 and we continue to thank god for each day...and look forward to the time that we can look back on this journey and reminisce on how much closer this has brought us. We will continue to update you all each day...or as often as we can. We would like to thank all of those who continue to pray for the twins and for dana...it is great to see how awesome the power of prayer can be. We are truly indebted to all of our family and friends, along with the amazing/giving staff here at MCA Hospital. Dana would not be doing this well without all of their and your support. Thank you all!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dana and family,
My prayers are with all of you. Power of prayer works and I know it will for you too.
Those boys have been born into a wonderful family and will be home before you know it. Please take care of yourself. I will put your name on my church prayer list. God Bless you all.

Anonymous said...

Dana and Trey,
I work with your cousin Angie in Georgia and she keeps me updated on the progess of your beautiful boys. She brought me a prayer bracelet home from her last visit. Between my daughter and I, it is worn everyday and our prayers are with your family. Hopefully it won't be long until you will have both of the boys home. Hang in there.

Lora Robinson
Acworth, GA

Anonymous said...

Well, Dana & Trey... I just wanted to let you both know I have been where you both are. All 3 of my kids were premature. My daughter is now 21 & she wieghed 3 lbs 7 oz. My middle son is now 19 & he wieghed 4 lbs 1 oz. Him & his sister were both 17" long. My youngest son is now 18 & he wieghed 1 lb & 13 oz. He was only 13 3/4 in long. So I know how you guy feel. Hang in there they are going to do just fine. Enjoy them being this small. Because they grow up way to fast. Believe me.
Sherry From Tyler

Picture Worth A Thousand Words

Picture Worth A Thousand Words

Proud Parents

Proud Parents

Proud Mommy

Proud Mommy

Proud Papa

Proud Papa

Pics of Ford

Pics of Ford

Pics of Hayden

Pics of Hayden