Milestones and Hurdles

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hampton Stays Strong.... and So Sweet


Our Sweet little Hampton is such a strong little girl. She is now on high flow oxygen instead of the bubble c-pap for her breathing support. While I wish she didn't need any help to breathe and her lungs were acting more like a full term baby than that of a preemie... I am just blessed she is such a fighter. Hopefully today she will make even more progress as far as her doctor is concerned and not just her proud, very hopeful and prayerful parents.


I just got off the phone with her night nurse, who said she's been having a good night. She just had an xray and will also get some blood work this morning. They will be checking to see if her xray has gotten any better, less hazy and to also check on a pneumothorax she has in her lungs. That is a pocket of air that she could possibly need removed via needle or chest tube, but I'm praying she just works that out on her own. Her blood work will be checking her billirubin level. She has been looking slightly jaundiced... so she might have to go under the lights... again, I pray that is not the case, but it is possible. We are also waiting for a blood gas to see how she's handling being off the bubble c-pap and on less support with the high flow oxygen.


We will likely get a new nurse today since the sweet nurse, Cassie, we've had the last couple of days is off. That's always an adjustment to learn someone else's ways and demeanor, especially when it comes to your baby! As you can tell, I can't sleep. I need more of it, but constantly wake up thinking and praying about Hampton.

As far as Dana the patient goes, I should get out today. I am feeling pretty good. Still sore from the c-section, but I will be just fine.


Oh, I forgot to mention, I was able to hold sweet Hampton twice yesterday. Trey snuggled with her as well! She is so beautiful and cuddly. That was definitely the best part of my day!!! I continue to pray she quickly overcomes her unexplained preemie lungs and gets to come home soon. Also, please pray that I get some patience with the doctor who has a different bedside manner than works for Trey and me. I know the true physician is the Lord and he will heal our little girl!

Sincerely,

Dana, Trey, Ford, Hayden and Hampton Hughey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dana & Trey, I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this again when you thought having a full term baby would be smooth sailing. I know that lung issues are very likely with C-section, but that doesn't make it any easier for you. Just know that everyone is praying for Hampton and your sweet family and that is what brought Ford & Hayden through their NICU days. It won't be long before all of you are home and enjoying each other. Try to stay calm and get yourself well, and you'll be back to Tyler soon as a happy, healthy family. We still miss you on the news.

A Viewer

Anonymous said...

Dana,
Thank you for keeping us posted. It is amazing that you choose to share your family with us. Work on getting yourself well. Faith will heal you and Hampton both. You will need your strength when coming home to grow three children. They have such a great Mommy and Daddy. Keep positive and Keep in Lord!

Jean said...

THIS IS ALL CAPS AND YOU KNOW WHY. JUST TRIED TO CALL, AND DIDN`T GET ANYONE....SO I AM TYPING! HAMPTON IS BEAUTIFUL! STAY STRONG, WE ARE PRAYING.
NANIE AND GRUMPY

Picture Worth A Thousand Words

Picture Worth A Thousand Words

Proud Parents

Proud Parents

Proud Mommy

Proud Mommy

Proud Papa

Proud Papa

Pics of Ford

Pics of Ford

Pics of Hayden

Pics of Hayden