Milestones and Hurdles

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 28, 2008

More Prayers Answered For Ford & Hayden

First of all let me say... we are sorry it has taken us so long to post an update on the boys. We were without internet at our apartment for several days and now we are finally back up and running. Trust me, we wanted to post about the twins' progress, even their setbacks because you all, with all of your prayers have played such an important part in their lives so far.




MOMMY & DADDY ADORING FORD!!!!!

Well, finally my fever broke last Wednesday and I was able to see the boys on Thursday.. that's after more than 3 days not hanging out with them. Certainly not a moment to soon. I am sure I was needing Ford and Hayden far more than they needed me. Later on Thursday night we were able to hold the boys again. Every time feels as good as the first just because the times we get to hold them are so few and far between compared to most new parents. I think my husband even got a little tear in his eye when he held Hayden recently. It's just so amazing to feel their heart against yours, a heart and lungs that have already been through surgery and they are only 50 days old.

HAYDEN IS WEARING PREEMIE CLOTHES NOW!!!!!
Both boys are up to full feeds now on their mom's milk... that is wonderful and is really helping them grow... along with a little additional calories added to my milk. Now, they still take their feedings in a feeding tube, but one days soon, we will be headed to a bottle. Trey and I are changing a lot of diapers... and enjoying every stinky, messy second of it. We also take their temperature and help bathe them and brush their hair... boy do they look handsome then!!!




FORD PREFERS HIS FINGERS TO HIS PACIFIER!!!!
Ford and Hayden are both over 3 pounds now... Hayden is knocking on 4 pounds, but is a little shorter than Ford. They both have their own little personalities. Hayden is a little more chilled out yet fiesty on occasion and Ford, is more high maintenance, but sweet as can be!!!!
Up until Tuesday, both boys were on the conventional ventilator. Then on Tuesday, Dr. Lynch moved Hayden over to bubble c-pap because his settings were so low on the vent and his blood gases were so good. So far, so good on the bubble c-pap. All of the gear makes him look like My Little Martian, but he is always handsome and more importantly, the CPAP is more gentle on their lungs than being intubated on a ventilator. Oh yes, and Hayden can finally wear clothes. He looks too handsome. I keep asking the Good Lord that Ford will follow in Hayden's footsteps soon. I am his biggest chearleader. Ford is getting some breathing treatments that seem to be helping! That warms my heart.

Now we just need to get Ford's rate and oxgen... down like his brother on the vent!!! That is our prayer this week.

As always, we're pooped tonight, I will try to write more tomorrOw. God Bless you all for your diligent prayers! Please keep our little men in your prayers each night.

LOVE,
Dana Trey Ford and Hayden









15 comments:

Jeff & Debra said...

Dana & Trey, It warms my heart to see these little miracles from God grow as they have. God does answer prayers and these boys are just proof of that. I just sat and cried as I read your entry. I know how precious it is to hold you new born and it's a joy that only a Mother would know. Ford and Hayden have come a long way and they do look stunning in theie new clothes they are wearing. Now awesome is that to know they are growing so well? It just warms my soul! You, Trey and those boys will always be in my thoughts, my heart and my prayers. You have all been through so much but it will only strentghen your family and your faith in our wonderful and amazing God. I know the two of you are just give out but God will provide to you what you need to keep going. Stay strong Dana and Trey for this too shall pass. I love you guys so much and wish you the best that life can bring you. I knonw that soon you will be bringing those little bundles home to East Texas. I think we should have a Parade for them! ha!! How awesome would that be to put in their scrapebook? ha!! Love, kisses and lots of hugs to all of you and may God Bless you and continue to keep you!

Debra Bunt
Gladewater, Texas

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the update, I was starting to get worried. 3 pounds!!!! Wow that is awesome! I feel so blessed to be able to watch this miracle with you. It is an honor to pray for your family each night with our two year old, and trust me, even when they are two, every time you hold them feels as good as the first time. I am glad you are feeling better, continue to take care of yourselves. Thank you for the pictures too, they are so very handsome!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hughey Family:

I check every day for an update on the little men, and I'm so grateful that they are gaining weight and strength with each passing day! Hallelujah!

As probably many of us KLTV/KTRE viewers here in East Texas who have kept up with you all over the past couple of months, I feel almost like an "aunt" to the boys, anxiously awaiting to hear how they are doing, cheering everyone on, and of course prayers!

It will be a happy day indeed when you show Ford & Hayden off from the studio to all your loyal viewers... I can't wait!

My prayers continue and thank you for the pictures & updates.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that the boys have had a good week! Hayden looks precious in his little clothes. You are all in my prayers.

Love,
Tiffany Hawkins

Anonymous said...

Dana and Trey, They are SOOOOOOOOOOO PRECIOUS!
They both have grown so much. Thanks so much for the updates. It is so AWESOME to see them.
Glad you are feeling better.
We will keep praying and watch such miracles happen. SOON ALL OF YOU WILL BE HOME.

Anonymous said...

Daina and Trey,
I am so happy to hear that the boy's are doing good and are getting healthier. They both look very handsome. Ford in his p.js that is very cute. Their getting so big..God is looking after them boys....

GOD BLESS.....
Maranda

Anonymous said...

Trey, Dana, Ford and Hayden,
We are so happy to hear the boys are doing great! We love the pictures - they are so sweet! I know Ford will soon follow in Hayden's footsteps and we will continue our prayers for them each day!
We think about you all the time and love you!
Abby and Sam

Anonymous said...

Ok, now I am definately in love. These boys are precious and soooo handsome! How bless you guys are and we praise God for that! We love you Nanie and Grumpy!

P.S. Please tell granmother Jaque a belated happy birthday!

Unknown said...

It is a wonderful site to see them in clothes! YEAH for the Hughey Family! So glad that the temp. broke and you can spend more time with them. It is so encouraging to see that they are 3&4 pounds! You must have milk of Gold! Can't wait to see them!

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Hey Dana and Trey,
It is always really wonderful to read and hear about how well your babies are doing. All of you are still on everyone's minds and hearts here at KLTV. Looking forward in reading more updates.
Your little men are some cutie pies. Can't wait for you guys return to East Texas.
Brandon and I will continue to keep you guys in our prayers.

Bobbie

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Bundles of blessings!
I am so glad to hear the weight is "coming ON". I realize your not having internet has hindered you from blogging, but I've been worried...You could call Clint and tell him to tell us your internet is out and all is well...LOL
No seriously, our prayers are with you all.
Ya'll have a great day today!
Love , Glenda

Anonymous said...

Praises to our Great Miracle Worker! I have been checking daily for our updates, I finally told myself to stop being selfish and let you both enjoy your time with your handsome little men. They are more & more handsome with every picture. It is wonderful to see how much they have grown, before you know it they will have outgrown those preemie clothes and you want remember them being so tiny. Thanks for the pics. I pray you all have a blessful week-end.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. Many of us feel like extended family and can't wait until you are all able to go home. Looking at the pictures of your little ones, and how far they have come, is evidence of God's presence in your lives. You all continue to be in my prayers. God Bless,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. It does my heart good to see how far your handsome boys have come. They are just so precious and look so debonair in their new clothes.
You and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers.
Take care.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dana, Trey & boys,
We are so happy that the latest update is full of good news! You all have so many prayers and well-wishes coming your way that I knew things would only get better with time! I just can't wait to get my hands on these 2 little munchkins and rock them in my arms. I know you are anxious to get home and I see that everything is progressing toward that eventual reward! Love and hugs to you all, Paula & Norman

Picture Worth A Thousand Words

Picture Worth A Thousand Words

Proud Parents

Proud Parents

Proud Mommy

Proud Mommy

Proud Papa

Proud Papa

Pics of Ford

Pics of Ford

Pics of Hayden

Pics of Hayden